The MFFH Equine Health Care Assistance Program is a rebate program designed to assist horse/equine owners who demonstrate financial need with the cost of necessary health care for their equines. Rebates will be issued to cover actual, documented out‐of‐pocket expenses incurred by the horse/equine owner.
How will it be funded?
Who will qualify for rebates?
Who will not qualify for rebates?
Who will receive the rebate?
How often can a horse owner receive a rebate?
What dollar amount of rebates will be issued?
What else do I need to know?
- All participants in the program will be required to sign a release allowing MFFH to contact the service provider directly, and relieving MFFH of any liability that may be a result from any documentation or personal information obtained in determining eligibility.
- All participants in the program will be required to sign a release relieving MFFH of any liability for the equine health care procedure(s) for which a rebate has been issued.
- To help expedite the processing of your application, please contact the veterinarian who will be performing the castration prior to submitting your application. Discuss the overall cost and have the veterinarian complete the veterinarian’s statement portion of the application before submitting it.
- After you submit an application, if your rebate is approved you will receive a document via e‐mail from Maryland Fund For Horses, indicating your equine’s name, the health care procedure and amount approved. You will not be eligible to receive a rebate without this document. If MFFH is unable to grant your request, you will receive a notice via e‐mail advising you of that fact, and the reason(s) why your application was not approved.
- Rebates are valid only for the specific health care procedure or service defined in the application, and are valid for one use only. Required documentation for a rebate must be submitted by the veterinarian within 30 days of the castration procedure.
- To request more information or an application please contact Maryland Fund For Horses at firstname.lastname@example.org